trying to understand how to make an entry

Robert L. Brush III gnucash at wvit.net
Sun Jan 31 23:57:59 EST 2010

Sorry, GnuCash is a lot of things, but definitely not a QuickBooks
emulator.  I had a very hard time unlearning QuickBooks, but after the
initial sting I got the hang of it.  Using QuickBooks since 1995 I
understand what you are saying :)

So what good is gnucash?

I would say the best thing about gnucash is safety, it makes a
ridiculous amount of backups, and it is really fast also.  I think the
primary aim of the developers would be people using Linux on a daily
basis, that are unable to use QuickBooks.

It was good to hear from you!

If you are trying to use Linux, I can offer advice on running QuickBooks
in a Linux environment, but if not it isn't worth the trouble of
explaining the nuances of the installation.

Thanks again,

-Bob