Additional functionality for Employee salary

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 7 09:59:10 EDT 2010

Hi,

Valdis Vītoliņš <valdis.vitolins at odo.lv> writes:

> Thanks Derek for detailed answer!
> You confirmed my suspicions about 3rd option as most useful.
>
> To make work with salaries more convenient,
> Transaction report (or ~ similar) should allow to search/filter by transaction
> description (i.e. employee).

Well, I would suggest writing a new report (sort of how I wrote the
owner and aging reports for customers/vendors).  Yes, you could probably
use the transaction report to get what you want, but I would think a
specific "salary report" would be an appropriate addition.  Also, if you
use ancillary data then you might need to write something new to read
that data out.

> Wouldn't it easy and useful addition?

Useful?  Absolutely.  EASY?  ....

> Valdis