po/{zh_CN,ja}.po haven't been updated by r19334

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jul 13 09:43:27 EDT 2010

Tao Wang <dancefire at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I checked the way we generating .pot and updating the po files. Currently we
> use several hand-make programs to do the job. However, I think we'd better
> use intltool-update, which is more standard.
>
> "intltool-update -m" can check POTFILES.in and detect new/missing .c,
> .glade, .schemas.in, which contains translatable strings. It cannot detect
> .scm file. So, for the *.scm file, we should manually added them to
> POTFILES.in. We currently use 'make-gnucash-potfiles' to generate the
> POTFILES.in automatically. We have POTFILES.in in the repository anyway, so
> I think it's better we manually add file names to POTFILES.in, it's not that
> dynamic which should be generated each time for build. We can use
> "intltool-update -m" as a verification tool for checking the newly added
> file or deleted file.

POTFILES.in is in the repository because we were trying to work with
some translation tool website that would build the gnucash.pot file for
us.  That project failed to work, but we kept POTFILES.in in the
repository anyways.   The file has been in and out of the repository
numerous times over the years.

We have home-grown tools specifically because none of the published
tools would include all the information that we want (e.g. line numbers
from scheme files).