Documentation Revision Description & Authors List

Tom Bullock tbullock at nd.edu
Wed Jul 28 19:14:27 EDT 2010

Hi John,

<<snip>>
You don't need to generate it: It's in the SVN repository, so you'll get
it when you check out gnucash-docs. (It's at guide/C/gnucash-guide.xml).
You needn't modify it unless you add a new chapter or appendix, though
you may want to add yourself to the authors list and add a description
of your revisions.<</snip>>

Where are these two actions done?  I noticed that there are several modules that have author's notations and of the same people at approximately the same times.  Is that because their changes had broader scope?  In short is the principle that you state authorship in broader scope modules only if your change impacted that module and all below it?

Also, I assume the revision description would go in the header of the changed module, but not higher up the Guide's hierarchy.  Is that correct?

Thanks.

Tom