Release 2.3.15 soon? What's still missing for 2.4.0?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jul 29 17:28:30 EDT 2010

On Jul 29, 2010, at 2:22 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2010, at 1:20 PM, Christian Stimming wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> what about a 2.3.15 release somewhat soon? I think we've already improved on a
>> number of remaining bugs so that a new version number would be very good.
>>
>> Also, I think this 2.3.15 would definitely be the string freeze release, and
>> hopefully we won't need much more than maybe another 2.3.16 until we finally
>> can make 2.4.0.
>>
>> Or in other words: Which issues are still open and preventing us from
>> releasing a 2.4.0 from trunk right now? I don't know of any...
>>

> Well, I'm chasing what on first blush looks like an infinite-recursion bug in 2.3.14 with the OFX import of my credit card bill. If I need help after I isolate the problem I'll let you know.

Unfortunately it didn't replicate in the debugger and the logged stack trace only went to 512 recursions. Worse, I didn't save gnucash.trace before restarting. Sigh.

I though we already had (albeit porous) string freeze with 2.3.14. I trust you meant "code freeze" for 2.3.15 (meaning the only changes until 2.4.0 would be bug fixes).  2.3.16 should then be "RC1", and with luck there won't need to be an RC2.

Regards,
John Ralls