2.3.13 build

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Tue Jun 1 10:47:12 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 1 June 2010, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jun 1, 2010, at 6:55 AM, Tao Wang wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 5:54 PM, Geert Janssens <janssens-
geert at telenet.be>wrote:

> >> Both patches would require someone to log in to the build server and
> >> remove some build directories (gtk, goffice for your first patch and
> >> inno-setup for
> >> your second patch). If these directories aren't removed, your patches
> >> will simply be ignored by the build system as the previous builds are
> >> still around.
> >>
> >> I believe that at this moment Christian is the only dev that actively
> >> commits
> >> patches and has access to the build server as well.
> >>
> >> Derek has got access as well, so he could remove the directories on
> >> request as
> >> well, if asked nicely.
> >
> > I think 2.3.12 means 'code freeze', that is, my patches will not commited
> > until 2.4.0 released. Is that correct?
>
> 2.3.12 started "string freeze", meaning that no changes or additions to
>  translatable strings should be made until after 2.4 release. Phil has not
>  said whether 2.3.13 will begin code freeze, meaning that no enhancement
>  code should be committed, only bug fixes. (Some projects go so far as to
>  designate which bugs are to be fixed for a release and all others are
>  deferred.)
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I'd vote to postpone the code freeze one release.

There are several things I'd still like to get in:
* both of Tao's patches improve the Windows experience considerably
* copy/paste for mac would be an important improvement on that platform
* I myself have been working hard the last few weeks to get the guile
dependency updated to 1.8.x on Windows. I'm almost there, but it's been a
bumpy road so far.
* I still have to make some minor corrections in the area of the enviromnent
configuration file and running gnucash without a wrapper script.

Geert