Could you set 'svn:eol-style' to 'LF' for 'packaging/win32/*.sh'?

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Thu Jun 3 05:52:50 EDT 2010

Zitat von Geert Janssens <janssens-geert at telenet.be>:
>>  The only simple workaround is that all
>>  developers modify their $HOME/.subversion/config files and activate the
>>  following lines:
>>
>> enable-auto-props = yes
>> *.c = svn:eol-style=LF
>> *.h = svn:eol-style=LF
>> *.sh = svn:eol-style=LF
>>
>> Once this is set on a user's computer, every new file that is added to svn
>> from that computer will have the noted eol-style property added
>> automatically.
>>
> I suppose this configuration only caters for files ending in .c, .h or .sh ?
> So if I add such config file and then add a new patch file (ending in .patch
> or .diff) those files would still have undetermined line endings...

My proposed lines are file glob patterns, yes. If you have a look into
$HOME/.subversion/config, you'll notice more proposed patterns as well
(the commented-out lines near the end of that file). However, you
should activate this only for files where we are sure the eol-style
property will be correct. In case of .patch, we don't know whether
patches for external libraries might indeed have to deal with non-LF
line endings, so we cannot force one specific line ending for all
.patch or .diff files. But it already goes a long way to have at least
our own source code files at deterministic line endings.

The main problem here probably were those files with eol-style=native
because in that case, the files will be binary different between OSes,
which caused our headache in the first place. Once we've replaced all
eol-style=native with =LF or maybe =CRLF, we get rid of that problem.

Regards,

Christian