Can I make this change (enum macros colliding with guile macros)

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jun 3 15:50:46 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 2 June 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
> But couldn't the compiler error be fixed by #undef'ing DATE *before*
> these lines in dialog-print-check.c?

I looked a little closer at the problem.

The Windows API headers declare DATE with this statement:
typedef double DATE;

So #undef'ing won't help us here.

On Wednesday 2 June 2010, Derek Atkins wrote:
> HOWEVER, note that this will invalidate all existing check formats!  So
> it's a non-backwards-compatible interface format.
>
> Is there some way we can get guile not to #include windows includes?

I explored this option a little deeper. It looks like I can indeed avoid the
windows includes by patching one of the guile headers.

I'm still waiting for the build to finish to see if it worked, but so far
guile was compiled successfully with this patch.

Geert