Should I pull 2.3.14?

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Mon Jun 7 15:08:19 EDT 2010

On Monday 7 June 2010, Phil Longstaff wrote:
> Given the issue with DBD directory, should 2.3.14 be pulled and either
>  retagged (maybe too late for that) or tagged as 2.3.15 with Geert's fix?

With "maybe too late for that" do you mean that 2.3.14 likely has been
downloaded by a number of people already, and hence it would be confusing to
put out another 2.3.14 ? If that's what you meant, then a 2.3.15 would indeed
be a better solution.

I'm not sure though this bug warrants another release. It will only be
triggered if --with-dbi-dbd-dir is set. Most people wouldn't need to set this.
And if it's set, the workaround is fairly trivial (remove the quotes in the
environment file).

Also, it's a mostly linux only bug. OS X doesn't currently use the environment
file and the Windows build system creates this file at install time,
independently of the bug-affected makefile (when using the windows installer,
at least, not when running directly from the build environment).

Geert