Should I pull 2.3.14?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 7 16:02:56 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 12:08 PM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Monday 7 June 2010, Phil Longstaff wrote:
>> Given the issue with DBD directory, should 2.3.14 be pulled and either
>> retagged (maybe too late for that) or tagged as 2.3.15 with Geert's fix?
>>
> With "maybe too late for that" do you mean that 2.3.14 likely has been
> downloaded by a number of people already, and hence it would be confusing to
> put out another 2.3.14 ? If that's what you meant, then a 2.3.15 would indeed
> be a better solution.
>
> I'm not sure though this bug warrants another release. It will only be
> triggered if --with-dbi-dbd-dir is set. Most people wouldn't need to set this.
> And if it's set, the workaround is fairly trivial (remove the quotes in the
> environment file).
>
> Also, it's a mostly linux only bug. OS X doesn't currently use the environment
> file and the Windows build system creates this file at install time,
> independently of the bug-affected makefile (when using the windows installer,
> at least, not when running directly from the build environment).

I don't know yet what's wrong, but File Save isn't offering the SQLite alternative in 2.3.14 on OSX.
OSX does compile with --with-dbi-dbd-dir, and then passes GNC_DBI_DIR in its launcher script.

I just built a fresh svn retrieval and that works fine in the debugger (figures!), so now I'm doing a debug build on the source tree I used Saturday to build 2.3.14. I'll report back in a bit.

Regards,
John Ralls