Unable to open sqlite3 files with 2.3.13 on Fedora 13.

Rick Rankin rrankin1424-gnucash at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 9 02:26:53 EDT 2010

On 06/08/2010, Derek Atkins wrote
> Rick Rankin <xxx at yyy> writes:
>
> > I've just verified that I still have problems with 2.3.13 on 32-bit
> > Fedora 13; however, the problem doesn't manifest as I thought I
> > recalled. When launched from a menu item, gnucash just appears to hang
> > with the message "Loading user data...". When launched from the
> > command line, I see the following error message:
> >
> > libdbi: _error_handler:  (NULL conn/result handle)
> > *** glibc detected *** /tools/local/bin/gnucash: malloc(): smallbin
> > double linked list corrupted: 0x08f4a058 ***
>
> Hmm...  The glibc error is interesting.  Can you run gnucash under
> something like valgrind to see if we're trying to free stack memory
> or double-freeing an object?

Plain valgrind gave no additional output. I ran gnucash-valgrind and got the
output attached in valgrind.out. I also ran in gdb and pressed ^C immediately
after the error message was displayed and got a backtrace (attached in gdb.out).

Let me know if I can do anything else to help you track this down.