Reimbursable/non reimbursable expences

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 9 09:51:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

"William G. Lea P.E" <bill.lea at petroleumtechnicalassociates.com> writes:

> I need to be able to handle reimbursable business expences. I need to
> be able to charge milage and driving time against a specific job and
> also be able to handle non reimbersable expences accumulating them for
> tax purposes. How can I do this? Asection on this would be usefull.
>
> Thnaks

This is really a question for gnucash-user.

For reimbursible expenses you would put the "expense" into an asset
account, and then when you get reimbursed it would be a transfer from
the reimbursibles asset to your cash asset.  For non-reimbursible
expenses you'd just use a regular expense account.

As you sent this to the devel list, I look forward to seeing your patch
that updates the documentation!