OS X/Quartz create a bundle fails

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed Jun 9 11:36:03 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 9 June 2010, John Ralls wrote:
> On Jun 9, 2010, at 7:09 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm following the steps outlined in
> > http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz to build gnucash-svn and
> > subsequently make a bundle out of it.
> >
> > It all seems to work ok, until I run
> > bash-3.2$ ige-mac-bundler gnucash.bundle
> >
> > This fails with the error:
> > Cannot find source to copy: /Users/janssege/gnucash-unstable/share/aqhbci
> >
> > And indeed there's no such file or directory.
> >
> > I have not added or removed anything related to aqbanking from the
> > .jhbuildrc- custom file. It's pretty much as downloaded from the wiki
> > page, except for the changes require to build gnucash-svn on Snow Leopard
> > and enabling mysql support.
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>
> For bundling unstable, you need to use gnucash-unstable.bundle.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks. I eventually found gnucash-unstable.bundle in one of your git
repositories.

I have cloned that repository and tried again. Now I get:

bash-3.2$ ige-mac-bundler gnucash-unstable.bundle
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/janssege/.local/bin/ige-mac-bundler", line 6, in <module>
    bundler.main.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/Users/janssege/Source/ige-mac-bundler/bundler/main.py", line 18, in
main
    bundler.run()
  File "/Users/janssege/Source/ige-mac-bundler/bundler/bundler.py", line 525,
in run
    self.copy_binaries(self.project.get_binaries())
  File "/Users/janssege/Source/ige-mac-bundler/bundler/project.py", line 359,
in get_binaries
    binaries.append(Binary.from_node(node))
  File "/Users/janssege/Source/ige-mac-bundler/bundler/project.py", line 149,
in from_node
    raise "The tag 'binary' is not allowed to have a 'dest' property"
TypeError: exceptions must be classes or instances, not str

I tried this first with ige-mac-bundler-0.5.2, but figuring we're in unstable,
I also cloned the ige-mac-bundle git repository, installed the newer version
(0.5.4) and tried again. The error remains.

Geert