Is there anything I should know to replace GnomeDruid with GtkAssistant?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 09:45:38 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm working on Bug 596254, Replace deprecated GnomeDruid/libglade with
GtkAssistant/GtkBuilder. I have tried on
src/gnome-utils/druid-gconf-setup.c, it looks ok.

We should increase version of the dependent gtk+ from 2.10 to 2.12 to do the
replacing. Because libglade doesn't support any new widget after 2.10, only
GtkBuilder, which is introduced since 2.12, support it. And the libglade is
deprecated too, we should replace libglade with GtkBuilder sooner or later,
so the dependent gtk+ version will eventually reach 2.12 anyway. Based on
the recent updated wiki, http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies, almost
all major platforms support 2.16 or higher, so it should be safe to depend
on gtk+ 2.12.

Before I move on to the other druids, is there anything I should know about
the replacing?

--
Regards

Tao Wang