OS X/Quartz create a bundle fails

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Jun 10 10:32:24 EDT 2010

On Thursday 10 June 2010, John Ralls wrote:
> Yes, I build gnucash-docs-svn (or gnucash-docs for a stable build) as the
>  last target in my "modules" list. It would probably make more sense for
>  you to just comment out the documentation element in the bundle file.
>  Depending on what you're doing, you may also want to comment out the
>  translations elements as well.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

I'm mainly building on OS X (and Win32) to make sure my changes won't bluntly
break the build on other platforms. On OS X this means I also should test the
installer, because of it's custom launcher script that's not part of the
gnucash source repository. I'm very happy with gnucash OS X. While I don't use
it myself very often, I've got several OS X using friends that are or would be
well served by it.

As a side goal, I use this opportunity to proof-read the wiki documentation on
building gnucash on OS X. I have the advantage to start from an empty setup,
so I quickly notice anything that is undocumented or silently assumes extra
steps.

The wiki page doesn't mention anything about gnucash-docs-svn or gnucash-docs.
So when strictly following the steps outlined in there, I think "Making a
Bundle" will fail, is that correct ?

Geert