piecharts borken r19279

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Jun 20 14:48:29 EDT 2010

Am Sunday 20 June 2010 schrieb Herbert Thoma:
> > Next time I tried to start GnuCash I got a message box:
> >
> > Ein Bericht hat eine Identifikationsnummer (»report-guid«), die doppelt
> > auftritt. Bitte prüfen Sie, ob folgende »report-guid« fälschlicherweise
> > in den gespeicherten Berichten mehr als ein Mal auftritt:
> > e1bd09b8a1dd49dd85760db9d82b045c
> >
> > I get a total of 4 of these boxes with different report-guids.
> >
> > Most puzzling is, that I get these message boxes even if I start
> > with the --nofile option.
>
> OK, I found the causo of this problem: I tried to hack a little on
> account-piecharts.scm directly in
> /usr/local/share/gnucash/guile-modules/gnucash/report/standard-reports/.
> This left me with account-piecharts.scm~ (the backup file) in the
> standard-reports directory.
>
> Obviously there is some for-each file in directory logic there which
> got screwed up by the backup file. It might be a good idea to
> explicitly list the files to load somewhere, wouldn't it?

This is considered a feature :-) The behaviour was changed into the current
way in r18253 last August. The loading code is in
src/report/standard-reports/standard-reports.scm ; I agree the loading code
should *not* load any file that does not end in ".scm", but apparently it does
this. This should be added as a bugzilla bugreport, I guess...

Christian