Gnucash week

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Jun 23 09:36:06 EDT 2010

#1 (check printing) doesn't really affect me.
#2 (documentation) is always useful.
#4 (invoices) doesn't really affect me.
#3 (reports): I think we need a complete redesign of reports.  Some ideas I would like to see:
   a) A while back, there was a small thread about using a tool like LAML for reports.  I'm not saying we need to use that tool specifically, but I think it would be useful to have some low-level transformations so that a report can be generated as a high level scheme structure and the transformations produce html from that.
   b) Now that we have the webkit HTML engine, we can make better use of CSS.
   c) Now that we have the webkit HTML engine, we can make use of javascript to allow the user to hide/show sections of a report (e.g. hide child accounts of a parent).
   d) Better multi-column reports e.g. balance sheet showing accounts on more than 1 different date, or income statement showing values for more than 1 date range.

 Phil
---------
I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for it.