CuteCash (Re: Is there anything I should know to replace GnomeDruid with GtkAssistant?)

David Eisner deisner at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 15:52:42 EDT 2010

2010/6/30 Christian Stimming:
> Once we have 2.4.0 out the door, everyone will be invited to join the cutecash
> project http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/CuteCash that gets rid of gtk and instead
> presents a super-fast and developer-friendly UI using Qt/C++...

That wiki page sure clarifies things. ;^)

Here are a few questions about CuteCash.  They may not have answers
yet, but I think they need to be asked:

    1. Is it intended to replace GnuCash?

    2. Is it, or will it be, a fork of GnuCash?

    3. Would any effort spent (wasted) on mastering the GnuCash report
system be translatable to CuteCash?

To the extent that there are answers, we might consider putting them
on the CuteCash wiki page (well, for 1. and 2. at least).

-David

--
David Eisner     http://cradle.brokenglass.com