Is there anything I should know to replace GnomeDruid with GtkAssistant?

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Wed Jun 30 15:50:21 EDT 2010

Christian,

when I look at that page, I see "There is currently no text in this page.
You can search for this page title in other
pages, search the related logs,
or edit this page.".  Hmmm...

Have you thought through a series of milestones 0.1, 0.2, ... to port the current code.  We need replacements for the register and html engine (is there one built into Qt?).  We need to pull the business code/UI apart - by "business", I mean object manipulation code rather than code for invoices/employees/customers.  I know you've talked about merging a lot of the current modules into one big module.  On first glance, I'd like to see:
- engine - current objects (including business objects)/qof
- back-ends - different ways for the engine to load/store data somewhere
- "business code" - includes reports, possibly configuration/preferences, register core (sorting, editing, blank transaction), ...
- UI - interface between business code and the GUI package (Qt, WxWindows, ...)

I see the engine being useful on its own (and wrapped for use by python, scheme, java, ...) to allow other apps to access the data.  I suppose backends could be part of the engine.

Phil
---------
I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for it.