cmake discussion (was: r18717 - gnucash/trunk/src - Add some experimental CMakeLists.txt)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Mar 2 11:21:19 EST 2010

Zitat von Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU>:

> Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:
>
>> Convenience libraries: No [1]. Gnucash doesn't actually use any
>> convenience libraries but instead "real" libraries, and the final
>> executable links into all of them, so this isn't a problem here
>> anyway.
>
> Actually, we have used convenience libraries, like the libc replacement
> and glib replacement libraries.  At least I consider them convenience.

Indeed, I forgot about this ones. Thanks for reminding me. In the
cmake build, the files from lib/libc are directly included into
another build - src/libqof/qof in this case. So that's how I got
around this in the experimental cmake build.

> What do you consider convenience libraries?

Every library defined as noinst_LTLIBRARIES in the Makefile. As you
say, we have them in lib/libc, and also lib/stf, and src/test-core/,
but no further. That's why I said we don't use them for our important
parts.

Regards,

Christian