RFC: Renaming of typedef GUID into GncGUID

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Mar 3 06:42:31 EST 2010

Dear all,

finally I've encountered the issue with the type name GUID on windows
as well: On windows, the system headers define and use heavily a type
named GUID. However, this will inevitably lead to the declaration
conflict with our type with this name in src/libqof/qof/guid.h. There
is just no way out of this conflict. We were able to avoid this in the
Windows/mingw build so far because glib/gtk went a long way to hide MS
Windows' system headers from us, but with more GUI programming on
windows the issue now pops up again.

Hence, I would like to rename our typedef GUID into GncGUID. As you
can see, the new name would fit into our existing type names very
well, and it also doesn't terribly confuse its meaning. It is just a
little bit longer than before.

Comments? Objections?

Regards,

Christian