PATCH: Tweak to gnc-svnversion's bzr section

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Mar 4 05:22:55 EST 2010

On Thursday 4 March 2010, Jesse Weinstein wrote:
> The bzr handling code I added to gnc-svnversion turns out to fail when
> the top revision isn't an imported svn version; this patch fixes this,
> causing the revision returned to be the bzr revno.

Applied in r18809, thanks.

> I noticed that the About box describes the output of gnc-svnversion as a
> SVN revision number, which is now not necessarily true.  I'll see about
> sending in a patch to generalize this to refer to whatever VCS is in
> use.  Does anyone know if any code relies on the output of
> gnc-svnversion being a number (in which case, it would already be broken
> on a git revision id, I suppose)?

I don't think so. My search through the code revealed no tests based on the
GNUCASH_SVN_REV, only printing this out as a string.

> I also figured out how to build gnucash in a different directory; I've
> added some details about this to the wiki page:
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Building

Interesting. I have been building/installing in separate directories as well,
but used Eclipse to set this up for me. I never knew how to do it manually.

If you say to run autogen.sh/configure from within the build directory, I
presume you will need to use the full path to autogen.sh in the srcdir. That
is not very clear in your description, so perhaps you may want to add that.

> Jesse Weinstein

Geert