r18815 - gnucash/trunk - Finish cmake build system for the C++ experiment.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu Mar 4 15:16:15 EST 2010

On Thursday 4 March 2010, Christian Stimming wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 4. März 2010 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> > > Log:
> > > Finish cmake build system for the C++ experiment.
> >
> > Christian,
> >
> > This looks very nice, and I'm quite curious what the big plan behind all
> >  this will be. If I find some time, I will probably have a look at the
> >  cmake build system.
>
> I'll send a summary later today.
>
> > For now, I just want to inform you that r18811 moved some files from
> > src/engine to src/core-util.
> >
> > You will probably want to update the CMakeLists.txt files in those
> > directories.
>
> Yes, I've noticed already.
>
> Out of curiosity: Why did you move those files?

I'm working on my earlier proposal to use normalized uri's internally for all
data store access.

This work lead me to make some small changes in gnc-filepath-utils.c and I
noticed a comment near the beginning of the file that said that file shouldn't
actually be in engine. That was one motivation but not the primary one.

Two things came together actually.
1. I am writing my new uri utilities in core-utils, which makes most sense to
me. They are fairly generic, and useable in many parts of the source.
2. But at the same time, some of my new files depend on gnc-filepath-utils.c.
The latter being in engine, that would create a circular dependency between
core-utils and engine.

So the choice was to move my files into engine, which seems "not right" or
moving filepath out of the engine. Since the comment already suggested the
latter, I just did that.

With this move, I also had to move binreloc and gnc-path, because gnc-filepath
depends on both. I think both are generic enough to be valid in core-utils.

Geert