r18816 - gnucash/trunk/src/engine - Add src/engine/test/test-resolve-url

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 4 16:23:20 EST 2010

On Mar 4, 2010, at 11:59 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Thursday 4 March 2010, John Ralls wrote:
>> Author: jralls
>> Date: 2010-03-04 14:21:52 -0500 (Thu, 04 Mar 2010)
>> New Revision: 18816
>> Trac: http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/changeset/18816
>>
>> Added:
>>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-filepath-utils.c
>>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/test/test-resolve-url.c
>> Modified:
>>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/test/Makefile.am
>> Log:
>> Add src/engine/test/test-resolve-url

> John,
>
> It appears this patch wasn't created against trunk.
>
> It undoes changes made in revisions 18788, 18798, 18799, 18810 and 18811.
> This is mostly because I moved gnc-filepath-utils from engine to core-utils in
> that last revision.
>
> From looking at the patch, I don't think it was your intention to commit
> further changes to gnc-filepath-utils.c, but only to add the test-resolve-url
> test.
>
> Now, I haven't moved the filepath tests yet. If you like, I can undo your
> commit and add the test-resolve-url test while I'm moving the other filepath
> tests.

Geert,

No, it was against trunk, but my copy of gnc-filepath-util.c was "dirty", so svn just created the copy in core-utils and left mine in engine -- and noted a conflict. There weren't any conflict markers, so I figured it was a left-over from earlier that I hadn't "resolved" and resolved it... and changeset 18816 just put it back into the repo. I've removed it in r18823. It wasn't getting built anyway because it's no longer in the Makefiles. AFAICT that's the only change that got undone.

In a related note, shouldn't test-resolve-filepath and test-resolve-url move to a new core-utils test directory as a complement to your moving gnc-filepath-utils?

Regards,
John Ralls