Build dependencies (was: Re: Request: require glib2 >= 2.12)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Mar 4 23:10:18 EST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 1:03 PM, John Ralls wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2010, at 12:15 PM, Phil Longstaff wrote:
>

>> Do you know if gecko (gtkmozembed) has what you need on mac?
>>

> Nope, but I'll try to build it and report back.

Well, after 3 days of banging on it, I think I can say that it will be a bit of work to get it to compile -- and they have modified autotools so that it will take a bit of study just to get started. OTOH, I haven't yet tried contacting the guy on the GtkMozEmbed webpage for guidance. I'll try to get an email off to him this weekend.

I assume that Xulrunner will provide everything we need. I've been trying the latest release (1.9.2) but perhaps something older would be more appropriate?

Regards,
John Ralls