Announcing a new sub-project in gnucash: GUI in C++, Qt, CMake.

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Mar 5 08:34:17 EST 2010

Hi Herbert,

thanks for the feedback. I will happily commit reduced version
requirements; however, I started the project with relatively high
requirements on purpose because those were the versions I tested with,
so I couldn't give any guarantees with older versions. If you provide
me with other sufficient numbers, I will commit them, just as what you
wrote in your previous message.

Zitat von Herbert Thoma <herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de>:
> I do not really understand the error:
>
> [ 99%] Building CXX object src/gnc/CMakeFiles/cutecash.dir/main.cpp.o
> In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.3/iosfwd:46,
>                  from /usr/include/gmp.h:24,
>                  from /usr/include/libguile.h:24,
>                  from
> /home/tma/gnucash/gnucash_cvs/cutecash/src/gnc/main.cpp:31:
> /usr/include/c++/4.3/bits/stringfwd.h:48: error: template with C linkage

To fix this, add a #include <libguile.h> in main.cpp *before*
(outside) the extern "C" section.

Apparently some brain-dead developers decided to have the <gmp.h>
header include some C++ headers as well, conditioned on #ifdef
__cplusplus. This contradicts my assumption that I'm including the
gnucash C-only headers, which in turn requires the surrounding extern
"C", but this works only if the consecutively included dependency
headers are C-only as well. <gmp.h> breaks this assumption, which is
very stupid of the gmp guys. Grrr.

I didn't see this error because I was using guile-1.6 and apparently
that one doesn't include <gmp.h> anywhere. Thanks for posting it here.
Feel free to send me a patch of all your changes later today (I might
have SVN access tonight again).

Regards,

Christian