Required Cutecash dependencies (was: Announcing a new sub-project in gnucash: GUI in C++, Qt, CMake.)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Mar 5 15:53:48 EST 2010

Hi Herbert,

thanks for the feedback and your patch. I've commited your changes and some
additions from me.

Am Freitag, 5. März 2010 schrieb Herbert Thoma:
> You require glib (and gobject, gmodule, gthread) 2.20.0 but GnuCash
> only requires 2.12.0.

Ok, I'll drop to what gnucash requires.

> You require Qt 4.5.0 but I have only 4.4.0.

Currently, the only 4.5.0-feature was the QSharedPointer, which I've removed
again because it was unnecessary and not as powerful as I thought. However, I
would like to stick to 4.5.0 as a requirement because it is already a year old
and (more importantly) there isn't any easy way preventing to add 4.5-only
features when developing with 4.5.x, which introduces unnecessary trouble.

> The problem are some section like this:
> #ifndef HAVE_GUILE18
>     --scm_block_gc;
> #endif
> in src/engine/engine-helpers.c
>
> Do you know how to check for the guile version and how to set the
>  HAVE_GUILE18 if required in cmake?

I've added this as well. Thanks for pointing this out.

Also thanks for the suggestion with the extern "C" - I've changed this in all
c++ files as well.

Regards,

Christian