Stabilizing 2.4.0 (was Re: Announcing a new sub-project in gnucash: GUI in C++, Qt, CMake.)

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:15:14 EST 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 7:04 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> On Mar 5, 2010, at 2:59 PM, Phil Longstaff wrote:
>
> > Do we want to release a stable 2.4.0?  What do we need to finish to do
> > that.  There are lots of things happening in trunk, all of which will be
> > useful at some point, but many of which are destabilizing things.
>
> My feeling from the users list says they want the dbi backend and the new
> reporting made possible by WebKit, and that they'd like it soon. Maybe we
> should ask them what they want.

In addition to the new features, there are also bug fixes in the trunk
(e.g., the incorrect mortgage amortization calculation in scheduled loan
payments in 2.2.9; Derek sent a message to the users list saying  that he
thought that this problem had been fixed) that will be of value to the user
community.

/Don