Stabilizing 2.4.0

Jeff Kletsky gnucash at allycomm.com
Sun Mar 7 16:38:16 EST 2010

For me, at least, not having eguile reports and a CSS-compatible
renderer are show-stoppers. I've seen that the vast majority of time in
reporting is due to the current HTML-render. 20-30 seconds to render a
budget report just isn't acceptable for us. Between that and that it
strips out CSS so you can't even create a decent report to render
externally, these, for me are beyond critical.

I'm working on patching up the budget code (which is presently blind to
the UI sign-reversal selections) and would like to try to get them in,
but I don't know how long it will take to resolve the Scheme/C issues
related to variables and initialization (for example, the patch in
<http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/src/libqof/qof/qofbookslots.h?rev=18464>
doesn't look to be localizable), even if the problem with kvp not being
compatible across different locales (the key generally changes when your
locale does). While I would like to get this in so that the change in
budgets is at a major release, I don't want to hold things up.

Jeff