Release 2.3.11 in a day or so

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Mar 16 15:59:53 EDT 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 11:41 AM, Geert Janssens wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 March 2010, David T. wrote:
>> I don't know whether this is the appropriate place for this, but...
>>
>> I recently was able (through boatloads of help from John Ralls and his
>> jhbuild procedures--thank you, John!) to compile and run 2.3.10 on Mac OS
>> X. Upon firing it up, I noticed a small, but annoying UI glitch: the main
>> Accounts tab is now displaying as "Ac..ts"
>>
>> There is no apparent way to resize that tab for the end user; since it is
>> the base tab in Gnucash, it would seem sensible to expect it to display
>> correctly.
>>
>> Or is there a way for me to fix this on my machine?
>>
>> David
>>
> Thank you for your message. This gives us some very useful information
> regarding bug 610675.
>
> You can try to fix this on your machine via the Preferences. The last tab
> ("Windows") has a configuration option to set the width of the tabs.
> Increasing this should get rid of the ...'s.
>
> But I suspect the true cause is the patch that was applied from bug 610675.
>
> If you are up to it, you can build the freshly release 2.3.11 which no longer
> contains the patch, and see if you still have the problem. It would be very
> useful to know for us.

I can answer that: I just built r18921, and the ellipses are gone. I'd noticed them before, but it never occurred to me that they would be related to the disappearing labels in MSWin.

It seems, though, that in OSX the tab width isn't affected by the preference setting. That's probably a Gtk+-quartz bug rather than Gnucash's problem.

So, for David, the answer is to just "jhbuild buildone gnucash-svn", which will build the latest trunk without having to spend all day rebuilding all of the other dependencies. It will overwrite your 2.3.10 gnucash binaries, though.

Regards,
John Ralls