Windows XP, gnucash build problems

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Mar 17 15:30:52 EDT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2010 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> > The relevant error for this problem is at the end of buildling lib/:
> > >  Warning: Trying to link with static lib archive ../intl/libintl.a.
> >
> > and additionally the next warning about the "-lpthread" library. I
> > think both shouldn't have appeared on the command line here. Did those
> > get pulled in from some environment variable? You need to find out
> > where this -lpthread comes from, and disable that.
>
> I still haven't figured out how to get a working GnuCash build environment
>  on Windows. I don't see what causes the OpenSP build to fail. I don't set
>  any options in the environment that I know of.
>
> Could you provide me with the contents of your custom.sh script ? I'd like
>  to verify if any difference in the basic configuration may be the cause.

My custom.sh is attached - there isn't much in there. Also, I think the
default (i.e. an empty custom.sh) is supposed to work as well.

But the issue in your build is really where this -lintl -lpthread  comes from
during the OpenSP build. More random thoughts: Is the already installed
libintl.dll from gnome not in the PATH, and for that reason the default
(Linux) setting comes into play?

Also, opensp is a requirement for libofx. But you should be able to get along
without libofx - you need to disable it in the aqbanking build and gnucash
build, and all should be fine.

Regards,

Christian