Problem with 2.3.11 build

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Mar 17 15:39:34 EDT 2010

Am Mittwoch, 17. März 2010 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> I have another issue related to this. I didn't pay attention to the windows
> build status, and committed a small patch this morning. Nothing fancy, just
> some small documentation fixes in the windows installer. But if changes
>  have to be made to fix the 2.3.11 build on Windows, this small
>  documentation fix will likely be included.
>
> I don't want to complicate the current release effort, so if you think it
> better, I'll revert my patch until the 2.3.11 build is out the door.

Thanks for thinking about this, but it isn't necessary. The algorithm for
creating a 2.3.11 build are as follows (see packaging/win32/build_tags.sh):

#1 Check for tags which appeared in SVN but are not in the local cache file
named "tags"
#2 Update the "tags" file with the current SVN list of tags
#3 For each of those new tags, run a separate build:
   * Checkout the (current!) tag into a new checkout and separate build dir
   * Build it
   * Copy the log and (if succeeded) the installer to the webserver

In step #2, the local list of tags is always updated to the current list in
SVN. This means even a failed build will not built again *unless* it has been
removed from SVN for one night (hence it disappears from the updated file) and
added the next day (so it's new again the night after).

Concerning your commit on trunk: Trunk doesn't influence the tag checkout, so
it's not a problem.

Today, I'm going to log into the win32 build server later tonight and
retrigger the build myself, so we don't have to do the tag removal this time.

Regards,

Christian