problems with sql-backend

Phil Longstaff plongstaff at rogers.com
Sat Mar 20 11:51:25 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 01:29 +0100, Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been using the sql-backend for quite some time.  I've been
> compiling my deb packages from svn to do that.  I recently upgraded my
> machine from lucid to karmic and cooked up a new svn snapshot at about
> the same time.  I believe I had previously been running r18249 for quite
> a while without any trouble.
>
> After the update to r18792, one of my sqlite3-based gnucash files
> started acting up about a scheduled transaction which was due.  After
> acknowleding it, I got a message "unable to save database".  The file
> itself would not open.  Other gnucash databases were still fine.
>
> I tried going back to 18249, but for unfathomable reasons it was quite
> difficult to get it back to compile.  In the end, I had to disable
> python-bindings because that just would not work.  I don't think this
> will be an issue, though.  Unfortunately, I still can't open my problem
> file in gnucash, because gnucash now chooses to crash.
>
> terminal: http://paste.debian.net/64798/
> gdb trace: http://paste.debian.net/64797/
>
> I hope this helps you guys and me.
>
> Phil, do you have any idea what's going on here?  Any suggestion how I
> can get back to work?  The database itself seems to be fine.  I can see
> the data without any problem in the sqlite CLI client or ooffice.

There were a number of changes I made to simplify how objects were
loaded.  I added gobject parameters to some of the engine objects, then
used those when loading the objects.  This allowed me to remove some
custom code.  I also think that having these gobject parameters will
make it easier to have a general csv importer to import all object
types.  In any case, there was a bug in importing dates used by sxes
which was fixed in r18805.  You should update to at least 18855 (and
probably all the way to 18920 (2.3.11 tag).

If that doesn't fix your problem, let me know.

Phil