Edit button of Sales Tax Table is not translatable

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Sun Mar 21 15:51:59 EDT 2010

Am Sonntag, 21. März 2010 schrieb Yasuaki Taniguchi/谷口康明:
> English and Japanese Screen shots are attached.
>
> GnuCash version is r18935M

Fixed in SVN, r18944. Thanks for explaining this with the screenshot.

How I found this (with Linux cmdline tools): The screenshot was indeed the
key, because it confirms the missing string is exactly "Edit" and nothing
else. I ran a search through all source code files:

  grep '"Edit"' ` find . -name '*.[hc]' `

but the results were already enclosed in proper gettext macros. Hence, as the
screenshot indicated this might just come from a GUI description in a glade
file, I searched through all glade files where the string would be the value
of some XML element, so it will be enclosed in <...>Edit</...> and the search
was like this:

  grep '>Edit<' ` find . -name '*.glade' `

which gave one location which has the proper translation attribute (<...
translatable="yes">) and another one which didn't have that, which I
subsequently fixed in r18944.

Best Regards,

Christian