Build error 2.3 on Ubuntu lucid beta

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 25 09:46:24 EDT 2010

On 24 March 2010 22:55, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
> Colin Law <clanlaw at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> On 24 March 2010 19:18, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I fixed this in r18931
>>
>> That will teach me to update to latest version before thinking I have
>> found a problem, I thought, so I updated and see the change in
>> src/html/Makefile.am and it looks likely to fix the problem.
>>
>> I did configure, make clean and make but am surprised to find that I
>> still have the problem.  I checked the configure output and
>> /usr/include/libglade-2.0 is included in GLADE_CFLAGS. I double
>> checked that my copy of Makefile.am has the changes made in r18931,
>> which it does.  I am confused.
>
> Did you re-run autogen before running configure?

No, doh!!

For some reason I have not got that in my notes on building.  I guess
because I started with the tarball and only later moved to git-svn.
All is ok now, as expected.

Sorry for the noise.

For the future how do I know when I need to do autogen and/or
configure?  Is it best just to do a full build including those any
time I pull from the repository?

Colin