Proposals/feedback for a distributed version control system for cutecash?

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 22:09:09 EDT 2010

On 3/30/10 11:14 AM, Derek Atkins said:
> [...]
> 2) What features does the distributed VCS have that SVN does not (based
>    on how we use SVN)?

One killer feature is git bisect: http://lwn.net/Articles/317154/
(written by the bisect author)

With bisect, hunting for a commit that introduced a regression is made
less arduous, and at best can be fully automated with a test framework.

> [...]
>
> I certainly think it would be very reasonable to supply our own
> read-only git repo.

It could also be a bare repo (just a single gnucash.git file, kind of
like a tarball but with full history) which people could download (or
even get off BitTorrent if we want to save some bandwidth), do a git
pull, and start working immediately.

Best,

Yawar