Compile error with --enable-python-bindings

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Wed Mar 31 03:32:20 EDT 2010

On Wednesday March 31 2010 07:56:31 Christian Stimming wrote:
> Zitat von Mike Evans <mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk>:

> >> The .i files have been fixed. Instead, I guess the generated file
> >> gnucash_core.c hasn't been re-generated after the update. I cannot
> >> reproduce the compiler error here - it builds fine. @Mike: Remove the
> >> gnucash_core.c file in the directory where this error occurred and run
> >> the build again. Does this help?
> >
> > I removed gnucash_core.c then edited gnucash_core.py to change all
> > instances of GUID to GbcGUID which seems to have worked.
>
> Dear Mike,
>
> Did the compile error go away after removing gnucash_core.c but
> *without* changing gnucash_core.py? Or did it still occur, and you had
> to edit gnucash_core.py, after which the compile error disappeared?
>
> Regards,
>
> Christian
Hi Christian

It was rather late when I got it all working and now I can't honestly remember
the exact order of what I did.  I'll restore yesterday's backup and go through
it again if you think it's a useful exercise.  I'll do:
1. make from backup.
2. remove gnucash_core.c, then make
3. Edit gnucash_core.py then make.
That should cover the possibilities you mention.

Off out for the morning so I'll post again later.

Mike E