New GnuCash article on LWN

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Wed May 19 05:00:44 EDT 2010

On Wednesday 19 May 2010, Herbert Thoma wrote:
> http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/387967/cc502c0dc33d97d3/

Nice article. It makes some valid points like the lack of a concurrent access
prevention measure when using a database backend and the limited documentation
currently available for the new features.

On the other hand though, the author seems to be missing the advantage of the
webkit integration (better support for css stylesheets, which results in nicer
reports) and is mostly wrong about the databases passwords being stored plain
text in gconf. This is only the case still on Windows.

Personally, I think the missing documentation is our weak spot right now.

Geert