I did some modification of GnuCash website.

Geert Janssens janssens-geert at telenet.be
Thu May 20 17:17:32 EDT 2010

On Thursday 20 May 2010, Tao Wang wrote:
> Wired, I did a clean checkout on my ubuntu, and applied the patch:
>
> tao at ubuntu1004:~/tmp/htdocs-1$ patch -p0 <
> /mnt/share/gnucash/gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_part1_gettext_update.patch
> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
> patching file externals/gettext.inc
> (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
> patching file externals/gettext.php
>
> There is no errors. Just CR introduced by my Windows. Could you do a
> clean checkout and try it again?
>
> And I did find a bug in 'gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_part2_misc.patch',
> I attached new fixed one.
>
> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 4:56 AM, Geert Janssens
>
> <janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> > On Thursday 20 May 2010, Tao Wang wrote:

> >> Are you sure you get the other patches from
> >> 'gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_parts-v2.zip' I posted in last mail? I
> >> recreate some of them in the zip.
> >>
> >> I double checked and applied the patch against r19187, all of them can
> >> be applied. So, could you show me which one is wrong?
> >>
> >> I think following patch should never be failed, since they are not
> >> depends on part0.
> >>
> >> gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_part1_gettext_update.patch
> >> gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_part3_convert_po_to_utf8
> >> gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_part4_merge_ja_to_po
> >>
> >> And part2 and part5 is depends on part0, which has been applied
> >> already, so they should be ok too.

> > patch -p0 < gnucash-htdocs_search_fix2_part1_gettext_update.patch
> > patching file externals/gettext.inc
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 62.
> > Hunk #2 FAILED at 123.
> > Hunk #3 FAILED at 155.
> > Hunk #4 FAILED at 186.
> > Hunk #5 FAILED at 211.
> > Hunk #6 FAILED at 275.
> > Hunk #7 FAILED at 298.
> > Hunk #8 FAILED at 314.
> > Hunk #9 FAILED at 321.
> > Hunk #10 FAILED at 509.
> > 10 out of 10 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> > externals/gettext.inc.rej patching file externals/gettext.php
> > Hunk #1 FAILED at 134.
> > Hunk #2 FAILED at 144.
> > Hunk #3 FAILED at 305.
> > Hunk #4 FAILED at 336.
> > Hunk #5 FAILED at 384.
> > Hunk #6 FAILED at 407.
> > 6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> > externals/gettext.php.rej
> >
> > I double-checked, this file comes from your last zipfile (-v2)
> >
> > Geert

It was exactly those CR introduced by Windows that caused patch to fail on my
system. I don't know why your system strips them and my system fails.

I have manually removed the trailing CR's, and now the patches seem to apply.

I have committed all but the last one. We'll have to do the utf-8 stuff in the
mailing lists first. I'll see to that later.

Geert