r19173 - gnucash/trunk/src/report - Merge CSS and plain stylesheets, leaving the plain and remove the CSS stylesheet. Plain now has font specifications.

J. Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Sat May 22 16:01:50 EDT 2010

Phil,

I traced the changes to the Tax report through the various revisions
and determined that it was r19083 where the behaviour changed. This is
when the default was changed from 'Default' to 'Default-CSS'. The
report looked OK when I switched back to 'Default' in the GUI after
creating the report under both webkit and gtkhtml. Now that the two
have been merged, the situation is this:

Under gtkhtml, I had to make a minor change to taxtxf.scm to get it to
display properly. It seems that the "number-cell" style included in
stylesheet-plain is not right-justified. I think it should be. I was
able to define an override style in taxtxf.scm that was used when the
report is generated with gtkhtml to get it to display correctly. But
if the "number-cell" style included in stylesheet-plain were changed
to be right-justified, no change would be need to taxtxf.scm.

Under webkit, however, the report doesn't display correctly because
webkit doesn't seem to honor any styles defined in the report. If I
reference a style included in stylesheet-plain, that works, but if a
needed style is not in stylesheet-plain, the report can't be displayed
correctly.

Shouldn't webkit and gtkhtml work similarly in this respect?

Alex