Should we uncomment AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR(macros) in configure.ac now?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Mon May 24 05:22:54 EDT 2010

Hi,

I got a message from running './autogen.sh' talk about using
AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR, I found the line in configure.ac is commentted:

# Enable only when we have autoconf --version >= 2.59
# on all platforms. Note that AC_PREREQ(2.59) may be
# insufficient to actually use v2.59 on OSX
#AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR(macros)

It's not an error, so nothing affect the building, uncomment the line
just make autogen.sh quite about this.

I also found the discussion of this:

http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-November/014583.html

It's 4 years ago, is it still true for MacOSX in the discussion? is it
safe to uncomment the line?

--
Regards

Tao Wang