How do you create a patch in this case?

Tao Wang dancefire at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:28:42 EDT 2010

Hi,

If I create a patch of Bug #1, which modified a file, say
'Makefile.am'. Then I sent the patch to bugzilla, and I moved on
another topic, which is Bug #2. I fixed it and it also modified the
same file touched by patch of Bug #1, say 'Makefile.am' again. At the
time I creating the patch for Bug #2, the patch for Bug #1 haven't
been committed into trunk. So, what should I do to create the patch
for Bug #2?

There are 2 cases in such situation:

1) The Bug #2 depends on the Bug #1, which the patch should be applied
after the patch for #1 applied.

2) The Bug #2 is independent of Bug #1, however, the modified lines
are close enough, like adjacent line, which will make it different for
patch against bug#1 and patch against the trunk HEAD.

Does Git help in such case? How you guys managed the patches and the
working copy? Thanks.

--
Regards

Tao Wang