Could someone update the dependencies list?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 28 22:21:10 EDT 2010

On May 28, 2010, at 6:44 PM, Tao Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I cannot find following packages requirements in 'configure.ac':
>
> libart2 (libart_lgpl)
> libgnomeprint
> libgsf
> libofx
> pango
> swig
>
> But they are the wiki/Dependencies, Does GnuCash still depend on these
> packages? or should we add them as requirement check in the 'configure.ac'
> file?

libart_lgpl and pango are required to build current versions of gtk+, but in the past there were ways to build it without them. It's probably redundant to have them in our dependency list, but I can't be sure.

swig is needed for integrating the C and Scheme (Guile) parts of Gnucash.

libgnomeprint is deprecated and its functions have been absorbed by gtk+ in 2.10, so it should be safe to delete it as a dependency.

libofx is required for reading Microsoft Money and Quicken files.
libgsf is some sort of structured file interface, which Gnucash uses.

A good way to work out what dependencies are used is to use ldd on the binaries. Remember to check dynamically-loaded bundles as well as executables and shared libraries, and to follow all dependencies.

Regards,
John Ralls