r19733 - gnucash/trunk/src - Preferences window improvements:

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.idps.co.uk
Mon Nov 1 07:11:27 EDT 2010

On Monday November 1 2010 09:43:40 Geert Janssens wrote:
> On Monday 1 November 2010, Mike Evans wrote:
> > On Sunday October 31 2010 20:29:01 Mike Alexander wrote:
> > > --On October 30, 2010 10:55:24 AM -0400 Geert Janssens

> > > I'm disappointed you removed this.  I find splash screens annoying
> > > after the first 50 or so times I see them and generally turn them off
> > > if possible.  Perhaps it's just me, but I suspect others might agree.
> > >
> > >           Mike
> >
> > I tend to agree, I turned off the splash screen many moons ago.
> > Mike E

> That's interesting, thanks for your feedback.

SNIP
> After your feedback and looking at the other applications, I realize my
> train of thought may have been a little too.. well, simple...
>

> Geert
In my case it may stem from the fact that I was editing, building and running
GnuCash repeatedly from the command and watching the debug text scrolling, the
splash screen just got in the way.  Thinking as an ordinary user though I
agree that the splash is useful feedback with, as you say, a slow loading
application.  Whilst not withdrawing my objection then, I will temper it with
the above explanation.  A configure option perhaps, for those of us who are
using the source code?
Mike E

--
GPG Key: 1024D/050895C2