2.3.16

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sat Nov 6 02:01:59 EDT 2010

--On November 6, 2010 12:25:12 AM -0400 Yawar Amin
<yawar.amin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi John & List,
>
> On 2010-11-05, at 14:33, John Ralls wrote:
>
>> […]
>> I think it should be a release candidate for 2.4, with a code freeze
>> for anything but critical bugs. If it works as well as I think it
>> will, then we can release 2.4 as soon as the documentation is ready.
>
> Are there any user-facing changes we’re missing in the docs right
> now? Apart from the What’s New section–I have to work on that.
>
> To put it another way, can you think of anything apart from the new
> default .gnucash extension, SQL file format, and preferences UIs that
> users should know about?

I don't know how complete you want to make the docs, but there doesn't
seem to be anything about trading accounts, at least not that I can
find with a quick search.  The pages at
<http://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/accounting/tutorial.html> and
<http://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/accounting/gnucash.html> give a
good, if slightly outdated, overview of this.  I would be glad to
review anything added to the documentation for this.

           Mike