Source documentation

Christoph Holtermann c.holtermann at gmx.de
Sat Nov 6 07:09:26 EDT 2010

 Hello !

I got a question regarding the documentation of the gnucash-sources. I just
wandered around a bit in the directorys on my quest for documentation ;-).
I came across /src/engine/design.txt which told me

"This document is becoming obsolete. Please refer to the design
documentation in src/doc/design for a complete description of the
Engine architecture."

Following the trail to src/doc/design/ I found gnucash-design.info and
tried "info gnucash-design" which to my astounding worked ;-)

Chapter Introduction told me
"*This whole document is completely outdated. Don't read this. All
function names and every described structure has changed completely.
Only read this if you want to know how gnucash looked like in 1999.
This is completely outdated!*"

Cool, a text which tells me not to read it ;-))

Could you give me a hint if there is a central starting point for documentation
for example the website XXX or whatever or is it necessary to pick up bits
and pieces here and there and even read those forbidden texts ;-))

Thanks,

Christoph Holtermann