2.3.16

Yawar Amin yawar.amin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 13:06:10 EDT 2010

Hi Geert,

On 2010-11-06, at 05:47, Geert Janssens wrote:

>> […]
> The other part the is not documented at all is the business functionality in
> GnuCash. But this has never been documented before, so there is no loss
> compared with the previous versions if it remains undocumented. Personally, I
> would love some basic documentation for this section though, perhaps at least
> a simple description of the menus in the Help manual.

The Help Manual has §5.2.1.5 Account Tree - Business Menu (admittedly quite a ways down into the docs). Does this need to be updated?

The Guide also covers business features in chapters 12 and 13 (Accounts Receivable/Payable), also somewhat confusing placement.

What I could do in the Guide immediately is divide it roughly into three parts using the DocBook ‘part’ tag, let’s say ‘Getting Started’, ‘GnuCash for Your Personal Finances’ and ‘GnuCash for Your Business Finances’. This is already laid out in §1.3 so adding the part tags would just formalise this structure.

I’ve created a bug # 634181 for this.

Regards,

Yawar