Bug 611936 and the 2.4.0 release

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Nov 10 20:41:44 EST 2010

On Nov 10, 2010, at 9:41 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:

> Phil Diacono <satphil at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> This is also happening in Ubuntu 10.10 i386.  Bug "gnucash 2.3 with
>> sqlite retrieves all numbers as zero" reported to Ubuntu bugtracker
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libdbi-drivers/+bug/673307
>
> Hmm, perhaps we really need to work around a broken SQLite instead of
> depending on vendors not to build it in a "broken" configuration?

It's not sqlite3, it's libdbi 0.8.3, and the problem occurs when you compile on certain systems without -nofastmath.

How about putting a test in configure for the problem, so that when the distro tries to build gnucash against a bad libdbi, configure will fail with an appropriate message in config.log telling the user to go rebuild libdbi with -nofastmath. Of course, if the libdbi integrator isn't the same as the gnucash integrator (very likely), that will just mean that there won't be a gnucash package unless or until the libdbi integrator gets around to fixing the problem.

Or we could lift the libdbi code and add it to our build. It gives us more control, but the we miss out on libdbi's maintenance work unless we're very diligent about keeping our "mirror" up to date.

Regards,
John Ralls