guid_g_hash_table_equal

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:23:14 EST 2010

I've just obtained 2.3.16 via svn to try to test the fix to a postgres issue
John Ralls, Geert, and I have been discussing. I ran autogen.sh, configure,
make -j 3, make install and gnucash will not run, probably an oversight on
my part. The error I get is

dca at octavian:~/Software/Gnucash/gnucash$ export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/gnucash
dca at octavian:~/Software/Gnucash/gnucash$ gnucash
gnucash: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-app-utils.so:
undefined symbol: guid_g_hash_table_equal

That function appears to be defined in src/libqof/qof/guid.c and I verified
that that file got compiled. I also looked at /usr/local/lib/libgnc-qof.so
with nm and guid_g_hash_table_equal is defined in that library. That's as
far as I've gotten. Any idea what's going on here?

Thanks --
/Don