guid_g_hash_table_equal

Donald Allen donaldcallen at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 17:56:34 EST 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Geert Janssens
<janssens-geert at telenet.be> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 November 2010, Donald Allen wrote:
>> > I have a guess about what's going on here. I'm not sure what the output
>> > of ldd is saying (the ld man page is amazingly unhelpful, a reminder of
>> > the bad old 4.1BSD days on overloaded Vax 780s, where we joked "it was
>> > hard to build, it ought to be hard to use"), but I'm guessing that it's
>> > saying that the dynamic loading of libgnc-qof.so.1 is going to come from
>> > /usr/lib64/libgnc-qof.so.1, which is there courtesy the Slackware 2.2.9
>> > package that is installed. If I'm right, that's the wrong version of that
>> > library. I suspect that having 2.2.9 installed has confused things. Does
>> > this sound plausible or am I tilting at windmills? If I'm right, then I
>> > should remove the 2.2.9 package and re-link?
>>
>> I'm not sure if the above analysis is quite right (I suspect that it was
>> crucial to have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to
>> /usr/local/lib:/usr/local/gnucash before doing the ldd and I'm not sure I
>> did, but it's moot now; read on), but it was close enough. I removed the
>> 2.2.9 package and uninstalled the svn head that I compiled earlier and
>> started over with a make clean. It runs now.
>>
>> /Don
>>
> There was clearly some interference with the 2.2.9 installation. Removing it
> solved the issue for you.

Well, the problem was my own damned fault for not reading more carefully:

WARNING: You should uninstall any earlier GnuCash version from your
system prior to installing 2.3.16.

Failing to do so may result in startup errors. In particular on
Windows this may cause "Parse error: entry point not found" errors.

/Don